Thursday, February 17, 2011

Meet the Team

Name: David Nebreda
Location: Seattle
Role: Political Intern
Insider Info: David comes to the Borgen Project all the way from Madrid, Spain. He just recently graduated from Complutense University in Madrid with a degree in Political Science and International Relations. After graduating, he really wanted to go abroad and gain some professional experience using all that he has learned, towards improving the world in some way. He hopes that Seattle is just the first of many places he'll visit and live in, but also somewhere to leave a little piece of his heart.
Why I'm Part Of It: "When I left university, I had this idea stuck in my mind 'Ok, the world's situation is not good at all, but there must be something I can do about it.' While looking for a job in Spain, I started volunteering for a well-known international NGO, but just didn't feel that their point of view was the most suitable, and that spoiled their professionalism. After months of looking for internships all around the world, I found The Borgen Project and really liked their approach towards improving the world. I inmediately felt that I had to be a part of it!"